CONTRACT NO: LCC/RD/001/IPDC/02/2021
ROAD REHABILITATION AND DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENT OF SELECTED ROADS IN LILONGWE CITY
Issue Date :4 March, 202
- Lilongwe City Council with funding from Roads Fund Administration (RFA) has budgeted funds and intends to apply part of the funds to cover the eligible payments for rehabilitation of road near Chipiku Plus in Area 4, Construction of box culvert at Chilimampunga in Mtandire and Construction of foot bridge between Mgona and Area 28 (Pa Roberts).
- Lilongwe City Council invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the drainage improvement works. The construction works period shall be a maximum of 90 calendar days.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 08:00 to 12:00; 13:30 to 16:00 hour’s local time (Monday to Friday, except national public holidays).
- Bidding will be conducted through open tendering procedures under National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the Malawi Public Procurement Act 2017 and Regulations of the Government of the Republic of Malawi, and are open to all Contractors/bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents. The successful bidder shall however be required to produce a valid registration certificate with National Construction Industry Council as a condition for award of contract.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by eligible bidders during office hours, from 08:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and from 13:30 p.m. to 16:00 p.m.; Monday to Friday starting from Monday, 04th March 2021 upon payment of a non-refundable fee of MK15, 000.00 to the cashier at FDH Service Centre located at Civic Offices and bidding documents shall be collected from the Procurement & Disposal Unit of Lilongwe City Council Civic Offices, Room No. 308. The method of payment will be cash or bank certified cheques only.
- Bids must be valid for One hundred and twenty (120) days after bid opening and must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration Form. Bids must be delivered to the address in 9(a) and deposited in a box marked “Tender Box” that is placed at the Lilongwe City Council Reception Area, Civic Offices in City Centre at or before 10.00 Hours Local Timeon 5 April, 2021. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend at the address in 9(b) below at 10.00 Hours Local Time on 05 April, 2021.
- It is the responsibility of each Bidder to ensure that bids are submitted in accordance with “Instructions to Bidders” in the bidding documents as non-compliance to the instructions will lead to disqualification and rejection of the bid.
- There shall be no pre-bid meeting. However, eligible bidders are encouraged to visit the sites.
- The addresses referred to above are:
- The contact address for submission and opening of the bids is as follows:
Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee
Lilongwe City Council
P.O. Box 30396
Phone: +265 888 920 417
Plot 19/22, Off Robert Mugabe Crescent
City Centre – Area 19
Tenders should be deposited in the Tender Box placed at the Civic Offices reception
- Name and Address of Office for Bid Opening:
Lilongwe City Council
The Councilors Chamber
The Lilongwe City Council is not bound to accept the lowest or any bidder